Have you ever gotten back from a relaxing getaway only to feel like you needed a vacation from your vacation? Have you ever wondered why plane rides make you feel so dehydrated? If you love to travel but don't like feeling jet-lagged, bloated or fatigued, the following tips will help you stay healthy and on track so you can easily and effortlessly re-integrate back into your life.
1) Protect yourself from radiation exposure. When we travel by plane, we are exposed to high levels of solar radiation, which gone unprotected can cause free radical damage to our cells and DNA. Radiation exposure can cause health issues and symptoms like lethargy, achy joints and muscles, dehydration and breakdown our immune system.
By eating foods containing high doses of antioxidants, iodine, and trace minerals before and after flying, we provide our body with ample defense against the harmful affects of radiation.
- Sea vegetables are an excellent source of iodine, Vitamins A,B, C, manganese, and zinc.
- Leafy greens are loaded with antioxidants and trace minerals that provide free radical protection as well as high amounts of fiber to help bind toxic substances for elimination.
- Polyphenols, highly protective molecules found in plants, have high antioxidant properties and have shown to protect our cells and body from DNA damage from radiation. The unique polyphenols found in Resveratrol, Green Tea, and Quercitin have shown to be highly effective at against the free radical damage caused specifically by radiation.
- Beans and legumes contain vitamins and minerals that boost immune system, while containing high levels of phytic acid and fiber which serve as a binding and chelating agent. Soybeans stimulate white and red blood cell production.
- Trace Minerals are important to supporting antioxidant reserves. Zinc, potassium, manganese are particularly important to sustaining whole body resistance to ionizing radiation.
- Hydrogen is one of the most powerful known antioxidants. It has been found to help fight radiation exposure. Load up on this supplement before, during and after flying.
2) Keep your immune system strong. Take your vitamins and supplements with you, especially while you travel as you are exposed to pathogens your body isn't used to encountering. Immune boosting supplements include Vitamins ACE, Curcumin, Garlic, Ginger, Ginkgo Biloba, Ginseng. Detox pathways support include Lipoic acid, Silymarin (an active compound found in milk thistle), NAC (sulfur-containing compound that helps in liver support),
3. Be prepared for allergic reactions. Two Words. Activated Charcoal. This magical compound has the power to bind to toxins and prevent them from being absorbed into the body. It's a fast and effective remedy to counteract food poisoning and allergic reactions to food, toxic chemical exposure and allergens in the environment and even remedy hangovers. In fact, activated charcoal is so powerful, they use it in large doses in hospitals to quickly counteract poisoning and overdoses. We travel to get away from the grind, experience new things and eat new foods. Don't let an allergic reaction ruin your vacation.
4) Clear the energy of your hotel room. Though you can’t see it, hear it or touch it most people can feel negative energy. Have you ever walked in a room of people and felt the tension? Even though we can’t see hear or touch thoughts they are nonetheless real and carry energetic effects. Clear the energy of your hotel room to ensure you aren’t taking on the previous guests “stuff". High Vibration Detox Spray formulated with Sage + Palos Santos Essential oil and structured energized water to clear energetic pollution, lessen negative effects from fluorescent lighting, and improve sleep cycles.
5) Improve air quality of your hotel room. Planes and hotel rooms are filled with recycled air. I want you to imagine... enclosed spaces, fake air, lots of others breathing the same air as you for hours on end with no ventilation. I know... yuck right? But it's important to think about the quality of air we are breathing while on planes and in our hotel rooms. To counteract the effects of low quality air use Detox Spray and take internally Eucalyptus, Oregano, and Peppermint for lung support.
6) Prevent inflammation. Don’t let long plane rides create stress and inflammation in your body. Portable electric massagers, rolling balls, travel pillow help reduce soreness, stiffness and lack of energy when you return.
7) Keep hydrated. Carry a refillable water bottle with you. It’s easy to get dehydrated when traveling due to the high altitude and new environment. Try adding Vital Proteins Collagen Beauty Water™ to enhance skin hydration, elasticity, firmness. A deliciously subtle blend of bovine collagen, hyaluronic acid, probiotics, and fruit and essential oils, Collagen Beauty Water promotes healthy hair, skin, and nails with real-food ingredients.
8) Keep healthy snacks. With a little bit of planning, you can make staying on track effortless. Consistent nutritious food choices will help you avoid being over-indulgent when on "vacation mode". Prepare for your plane ride with some antioxidant rich and hydrating foods such as sliced veggies, berries or collagen bars to prevent dehydration and dips in blood sugar.
Most hotel rooms come equipped small refrigerators. Upon settling in at your hotel, find the nearest grocery store to stock up on ready to go foods like salads, celery, fruit, hummus and green juice . This keeps you from eating out every meal, providing you with more nutrition and keep you on schedule.
9) Exercise. Don’t let your travel schedule botch your exercise routine. If you can’t make it to the gym there are plenty of Apps & YouTube videos you can use right in your hotel room. Even 10 minutes is better than nothing, and keeps you from losing the habit and keeps momentum of newer health goals easier.
10) Sanitize. Use sanitization wipes to clean hotel room remote controls and phone. You can also use small bottles of essential oil sprays for sanitizing hotel pillows, comforter etc. Tea tree, oregano, black pepper, and cinnamon help kill pathogens while promoting a relaxing environment via aromatherapy.
Don't let travel throw off your beauty routine. Staying consistent not only protects you from colds and flus but also helps you stick to your self-care routine and feel great when you're back!
Happy Holidays and happy traveling :))